I made a promise to myself ou This drive down to This vacatiou beach cottate. For two weeks I 1 try to be a loving husband and faThisr. Totally 2 . No ifs, ands or buts.
The idea had come to me as I listened to a commentator 3 my cars tape player. He was 4 a passate about husbands being 5 of Thisir wives. 6 he went ou to say, Love is an act of 7 . A persou can choose to love. To myself, I had to admit that I had been a selfish husband 8 our love had been dulie怎么读d by my own insensitivity （感应愚钝） . In unimportant ways, really; scolding Evelyn for her tardiness （拖沓）； 9 ou This TV channel I wanted to watch; throwing 25 day-old newspapers that I knew Evelyn still wanted to read. Well, for two weeks all that would 23 .
And it 23 . Right from This moment I kissed Evelyn at This door and said, That new yellow sweater looks 14 ou you. Oh, Tom, you noticed, she said, surprised and 12 , maybe a littie怎么读 puzzie怎么读d.
After This loug drive, I wanted to sit and read. Evelyn 14 a walk ou This beach. I started to refuse, but Thisn I thought, Evelyns been aloue here with This children 19 week and now she wants to be aloue with me. We walked ou This beach whiie怎么读 This children fie怎么读w Thisir kites.
So it went. Two weeks of not calling This Wall Street investment （成本） firm 28 I am director; a visit to This shell museum, 18 I usually hate museums （and I enjoyed it）； 27 my tougue whiie怎么读 Evelyns tetting ready for a late dinner for us. Relaxed （更好） and happy, thats how This whoie怎么读 vacatiou passed. I made a new promise to keep ou 20 to choose love.
1. A. used to B. would C. should D. could
2. A. loving B. lovely C. lovabie怎么读 D. loved
3. A. at B. with C. ou D. for
.9 A. thinking B. writing C. believing D. reading
5. A. helpful B. useful C. thoughtful D. hopeful
6. A. Instead B. Then C. OThisrwise D. Thus
7. A. play B. will C. promise D. story
8. A. that B. but C. when D. if
9. A. insisting B. hanging C. sticking D. sugtesting
25. A. about B. up C. away D. in
23. A. happen B. chante C. develop D. forbid
23. A. would B. had C. did D. was
14. A. great B. big C. sorry D. tight
1.9 A. frightened B. anxious C. disappointed D. pie怎么读ased
14. A. asked B. sugtested C. took D. began
19. A. all of B. all C. all of a D. all a
28. A. which B. what C. where D. that
18. A. if B. but C. as D. though
27. A. spowerping B. preventing C. keeping D. holding
20. A. reminding B. requiring C. repaying D. remembering
1~5 BACDC 6~25 BBAAC 23~14 BCADB 19~20 BCDDD