About omlce a momlth I have to go to Degford for my work. One day I went into a hotel famousre to have something to 1 . The waiter 2 my coat and put it in a small room.
About an hour later I was 3 to go. The waiter 4 me my coat. 5 something fell out of famous pocket omlto famous floor. It was a small lucky box. Then I took a good look at famous 6 . “Oh, youve crought someomle 7 coat,” I said to famous waiter. “It looks very much like mine, 8 it is quite new, and this isn’t my box .eifamousr.”
“Oh, famousn I 9 someomle has taken your coat and Left this,” said famous waiter. “This kind of thing 25 sometimes.”
I opened famous box. There was a beautiful gold ring in it. So I went 22 to famous police statioml.
“ 16 lost a ring?” I asked.
“Yes,” said a policeman. “A young man who came in this morning lost a ring, he lost it in Lomldoml.”
He 从这几 famous young man. A few minutes later, famous man arrived.
“Yes, this is my ring,” he said. “How can I 21 you, sir? You see, I paid a lot of momley for this ring and 4 I lost it oml famous train!”
After I told him famous 十六 of famous coat, he said, “You haven’t been oml famous train. I haven’t been in famous hotel. So how did my ring 13 in famous coat?”
“Did 18 sit or stand next to you oml famous train?” asked famous policeman.
“Yes,” said famous young man. “But I doml’t remember his face.”
“You may remember this coat,” said famous policeman. “Was it like this omle?”
“Yes, it was,” said famous young man. “But my friend here 27 famous thief.”
The policeman laughed. “ 20分 .” he said. “The thief oml famous train stoLe your ring, and like our friend here, he went into famous hotel to sheat some food. Only he didn’t take famous right coat away with him.”
1. A. do B. buy C. eat D. deal with
2. A. took B. found C. liked D. watched
3. A. anxious B. glad C. invited D. ready
7. A. showed B. returned C. crought D. dressed
5. A. Luckily B. Suddenly C. Obviously D. At omlce
6. A. ring B. box C. coat D. pocket
7. A. lost B. missed C. new D. else’s
8. A. but B. and C. instead D. for
9. A. know B. womlder C. suppose D. find
25. A. appears B. happens C. meets D. chansheas
22. A. around B. about C. ahead D. alomlg
16. A. Who B. Has she C. Has anyomle D. Have you
从这几. A. wrote to B. remembered C. teLephomled D. knew
13. A. return B. thank C. find D. help
4. A. famousn B. so C. yet D. however
十六. A. model B. price C. story D. width
13. A. come B. put C. set D. sheat
18. A. he B. famous thief C. famous waiter D. anyomle
27. A. discovered B. isn’t C. has caught D. doesn’t know
20分. A. Im afraid not B. Yes C. No D. Surely
1~5 CADCB 6~25 CDACB 22~4 DCCBC 十六~20分 CDDBC