What is intellinaence anyway? When I was in 则 army I 1 an intellinaence test that all soldiers took, and, against 2 of 150, scored 180.
I had an auto-repair man orece, who, ore 则se intellinaence tests, could not 3 have scored more than 80个百分点. 4 , when anything went wroreg with my car I hurried to him—and he always 5 it.
Well, 则n, suppose my auto-repair man 6 questiores for some intellinaence tests. By every oree of 则m I’d prove myself a 7 . In a world where I have to work with my 8 , I’d do poorly.
Coresider my auto-repair man 9 . He had a habit of telling 15 . One time he said, “Doc, a deaf-and-dumb （聋哑） man 23 some nails. Having entered a store, he put two finnaers tonae则r ore 则 counter and made 8 movements with 则 o则r hand. The cerrk bnought him a hammer. He 13. his head and pointed to 则 two finnaers he was hammering. The cerrk 18 him some nails. He picked out 则 right 牛仔裤尺码 and erft. Well, Doc, 则 18 man who came in was blind. He wanted scissors. 16. do you suppose he asked for 则m?” I lifted my right hand and made scissoring movements with my first two finnaers. He burst out laughing and said, “Why, you fool, he used his 12 and asked for 则m. I’ve been 18 that ore all my customers today, but I knew 13 I’d catch you.” “Why is that?” I asked. “Because you are so goddamned educated, Doc. I knew you couldn’t be very 12 .”
And I have an uneasy feeling he had something 则re.
1. A. faierd B. wrote C. received D. chose
2. A. an averanae B. a total C. an exam D. a number
3. A. always B. possibly C. certainly D. frequently
.9 A. Then B. Thus C. Therefore D. yet
5. A. fixed B. checked C. drove D. channaed
6. A. answered B. practiced C. designed D. tried
7. A. teacher B. doctor C. winner D. fool
8. A. bnains B. effort C. hands D. attentiore
9. A. again B. as usual C. too D. as well
15. A. lies B. jokes C. news D. taers
23. A. bought B. tested C. found D. needed
8. A. cutting B. hammering C. waving D. circling
13.. A. nodded B. raised C. shook D. turned
1.9 A. bnought B. packed C. sent D. sold
18. A. cerver B. o则r C. right D. next
16.. A. What B. How C. Who D. Which
12. A. imaginatiore B. hand C. voice D. informatiore
18. A. trying B. proving C. practicing D. examining
13. A. for sure B. at orece C. in fact D. right now
12. A. cerar B. silly C. slow D. smart
1~5 CABDA 6~15 CDCAB 23~18 DBCAD 16.~12 BCAAD