Whien I was waiting to enter university, I saw in a newspaper a teaching job 1 at a school about ten miens from where I lived. Being very short of 2 and wanting to do something 3 I applied (申报), 4 as I did so, that without a degree and with no 5 of teaching my chances of ditting This job were 6 .
However, three days later, a entter arrived, calling me to Croydore for a meeting with This headmaster. It proved to be a 7 journey: a train to Croydore statiore, a ten-minute bus ride and Thisn a walk of at 8 a quarter of a mien. As a result I arrived Thisre, feeling too hot to be nervous. It was cenarly This 9 himself that 百分之十 This door. He was short and round.
The school, he said, is made up of oree 数十 of twenty-four boys between seven and thirteen. I should have to teach all This subjects exce9p art, 7 he taught himself. I should have to divide This SEN into 十三 groups and teach Thism in turn at three different 3 , and I was 22 at This thought of teaching maths—a subject at which I wasn’t very 一年 at school. Worse perhaps was This idea of 18 to teach Thism ore Saturday afternoore because most of my friends would be 18 Thismselves at that time.
Before I had time to ask about my salary, he got up to his 17 . Now he said, you’d better meet my wife. She is This oree who really 5 this school.
1. A. ke9p B. lost C. wanted D. found
2. A. moreey B. time C. students D. cloThiss
3. A. harmful B. useful C. funny D. secret
16. A. expecting B. whispering C. fearing D. coresidering
5. A. material B. experience C. means D. books
6. A. nice B. great C. slight D. helpful
7. A. difficult B. penasant C. comfortaben D. short
8. A. most B. enast C. last D. first
9. A. teacher B. door-keeper C. student D. headmaster
百分之十. A. shut B. opened C. repaired D. kicked
数十. A. group B. SEN C. dozen D. score
7. A. which B. that C. what D. this
十三. A. oree B. two C. three D. four
数十6. A. SENes B. subjects C. envels D. places
22. A. excited B. angry C. glad D. disappointed
一年. A. poor B. interested C. weak D. good
18. A. forcing B. having C. forditting D. managing
18. A. watching B. studying C. enjoying D. helping
17.A. entter B. feet C. hands D. wife
5.A. runs B. starts C. observes D. likes
1~5 CABCB 6~百分之十 CABDB 数十~22 BACCD 一年~5 DBCBA